“Should I purchase second-hand Chromebook or should go for the second-hand Macbook?” – This is the most common question that almost every buyer state while planning to purchase a second-hand laptop.
Be it a second-hand laptop or a newly launched laptop, choosing a brand based on their properties, features, and of course, price is really a hard task. However, things become more difficult when you have decided to have a second-hand piece for your regular work.
When it comes to second-hand Chromebook and Macbook devices, we have two options for you – used Chromebook Toshiba and Macbook Pro 13 retina display laptops. These two among the hundreds are rich with features and have gained a lot of appreciation from the users.
But which one will be the best is a matter of concern!
Wondering, how to reach a conclusion? Read the following features to get some idea.
Chromebook Laptops vs Macbook Laptops
- Price Rate: Do you have a standard budget and have decided to stick to it? Not to worry. Budget-friendly Chromebook can be the best option for your purchase. Usually, Chromebooks are low-priced than the Macbook. While the MacBook’s have a premium outlook with a premium price tag.
For example, if you consider second-hand Toshiba Chromebook devices, they start at $250 and go around $400. While the Macbook pro 13 retina starts at $900. Although the price of second-hand Macbook Pro 13 Retina laptops decreases with time, the price rate of used Chromebook even drops down.
In this ground, Chromebook becomes the pocket-friendly purchase over the Macbook.
- Special Features: Coming to special features, both Macbook and Chromebook individually hold some special value.
Chromebook allows instant tethering, continuous reading, and smart brightness. Instant tethering by pairing your Android device with Chromebook allows you to stay connected even if you don’t have any Wi-Fi connection.
Even if you have switched off the device while reading an article, the article won’t get lost. It will be available beneath the search bar.
Smart brightness option automatically adjust the brightness level as per your preferences. If there is daylight, the brightness level will increase. While for the night, it will automatically become low, ensuring complete comfort to your eye.
- Battery life: When it comes to choosing between used Chromebook Toshiba laptops and used Macbook Pro based on battery life, we will recommend you to choose any one of them. Seriously, we are not joking.
With both Chromebooks and MacBook, you can enjoy a battery life of more than 10 hours. This is something exceptional and unfortunately leads to more confusion.
Features of Toshiba Celeron Chromebooks
1. Toshiba Celeron Chromebook (Model C50-A-E0110) comes with Windows 8.1 operating system.
- It is a perfect laptop for both education and business purpose.
- It comes with security port – Kensington Lock Port, making it highly secure.
- It is featured with Intel HD graphics and a touchpad.
- It possesses Intel Celeron Dual Core (4th Gen) processor teamed with a clock speed of 2.13GHz.
- The hard disk has a storage capacity of 500GB with 2 GB RAM that can be further expanded to 8GB RAM.
- It has an HD webcam featured with microphone, making it suitable device for making video calls and conferencing calls.
It seems like the used Chromebook Toshiba laptops have amazing reasons for making your purchase.
And what about the Macbook laptops? Don’t they have valid reasons to meet the desires?
Let’s find out.
Features of Macbook Pro 13 Retina Display Laptops
- It offers Touch Bar facility integrated with a Touch ID sensor.
- It comes with retina display and LED Backlit display with IPS technology.
- It is featured with 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo boosts up to 3.8GHz and 128 eDRAM. This can be expanded to 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7, Turbo boosts up to 4.5GHz with 128 eDRAM.
- The high-priced Macbook comes with stereo speakers integrated with 3 microphones.
- It comes with a storage of range 256 GB SSD to 516 GB SSD.
- It can be used better by professionals.
It seems like beating Macbook is not so easy for the Chromebook. Right?
Reaching the bottom line, it is easier to conclude that Macbook laptops are far more advanced and good looking than the Chromebook. Whereas, when it comes to durability, Chromebook devices are designed in such a way that they can withstand falls and other hardware problems. They are just perfect if you are heading to buy for routine work.
Don’t look so confused. Both have a win-win situation and only a few distinct features are there on Macbook that creates the difference. Hence in such a weird situation, it is better to decide your budget first and then head on for the purchase.
Along with the budget, it is important to decide the purpose you are buying for. Both of them matters a lot. There is no meaning of buying a high-priced second-hand Macbook Pro 13 retina display laptop for school projects. Similarly, a low priced, less-featured laptops can’t meet the needs of a business.
So, think twice and then make your purchase!